Hello everyone. Today I am going to help you become a better cook by giving you some quick tips. I have been cooking ever since I was a kid, but I am no expert. I don't cook much, mostly basic stuff, but lately I have been branching out by going online and seeing how much more I can learn. If you never cooked before, make sure you learn the basics. Stuff like how to use an oven, how to use certain tools, how to handle critisizm, etc. Cooking is a great skill that gets better the more you work on it, and offers a lot of benefits. If you are a great cook you will never have to suffer from boring food. And girls love a guy that knows how to cook well.
* Make a list of foods that you like, or food you would like to try. Indian, Chinese, Itallian, Mexican, etc. Then go to a book store and find some cook books about that specific type of food. Learning more about the culture also helps.
* Watch the Food Network more often. Seeing how the experts do it helps your technique a lot. They also have a good variety of shows on there to fit what kind of cooking you are interested in. Going on Youtube or any other video site out there is a good idea too.
* Practise. To get good at anything you will need to practise a lot. You will make many mistakes, but from those mistakes you will learn how to get better. Think of it like an MMO. You start at a low level, but when you keep practising you will get more experience and will get better.
* Go online. Not everyone can get their own talk show, but anyone can go on the Internet and speak their opinion about food. Listening to other peoples ideas can increase your knowledge by a great ammount. But make sure you are listening to people who know what they are talking about.
* Register at your local community college and see if they offer any cooking classes. You don't even need a High School diploma to go to a community college. Going there will help you a lot since you get a hands on experience because you will be making food in the classroom.
* Make sure you always listen to your senses. Taste what you are cooking often, smell the food and ingredients and get to know them. Watch and listen to all of the food you are making. It will make all the difference if you are just paying attention. And listen to your gut, After time you will be able to improvise your cooking, and throw ingredients together to make delicious meals.