Saturday, July 2, 2011

Digimon.

First off I just wanted to say sorry, but I've been really busy the past few days, and I'll continuing being busy until after the 4th of July. I might not be able to be as active as I usually am so bare with me. After the holiday is over, I surely will be able to put in some more time. So for all my loyal followers just wanted to say thank you.

Okay so today I'm going to discuss an old cartoon you probably watched called Digimon.

Digimon first came out over 10 years ago. A lot of people thought it was a rip of Pokemon but it actually started with those Tamegachi pets, which came long before Pokemon. The first season of course was the best. It had eight main stars and it followed their journey of how they got sent to the Digital World to help save Earth.

I've seen the first four seasons of Digimon, and tried watching the fifth but it wasn't the same. The first two were connected, and the third was separate and in the future. Apparently the first two seasons were actually a t.v. show of the third season, if that makes sense.

Overall Digimon is a great show about having digital pets that can evolve into bigger monsters and protect you. Unlike a lot of cartoons it has a lot of emotional depth to it, and you feel connected to the characters. There is also games for PS1 which are fun, but good luck trying to find a good copy since they are so old.

12 comments:

  1. Man, I remember those stupid keychain games or something.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember Digimon. I used to love that show!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, I'll have to check it out
    +followed

    ReplyDelete
  4. I remember never really watching Digimon, I was always more of a Pokemon kid, still am. I don't know though, I feel like I should give Digimon a chance.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I never saw it, but the commercials made me think (hope) that it wasn't as juvenile as Pokemon.

    ReplyDelete
  6. My favorite was the fourth, but not too many people like it :(

    ReplyDelete
  7. Never heard of it, doesn't really sound like my kind of thing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Excellent review. I never ended up watching this show as I had felt it was a pokemon ripoff.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I really wish Digimon had blown up instead of Pokemon.

    ReplyDelete
  10. it's not a cartoon, it's an anime >.<

    there's a difference >.<

    ReplyDelete